Individual Pages!

Friday, January 24, 2014

January 24th 2014



Writing Style Attempt: Fiction (Attempting to find a style)

 

“Anna Lucia.”

Her name was unusual in all the right ways as well as moderately reminiscent of a place on the earth I had always wanted to travel to. As Anna Lucia spoke, I watched her eyes dart up when impassioned, her long fingers fan out gracefully when amused, and her shoulders vibrate when she laughed for real. In the farthest nook of the outside patio of my favorite bar, I watched Anna Lucia sparkle.

 

Having only met her an hour earlier (let’s take a moment to revel in the magic of proximity in a public place) I was amazed at how enrapt I already was by this relative stranger. Despite the fact that she looked nothing like her (later I would describe her as a person equivalent to a photo layered with a negative filter) Anna Lucia oozed a familiar aura, radiated an identical charm, and tethered me with the same irresistible draw of Vivienne: my childhood best friend.

Four bourbon and sodas in, I found myself in front of the bathroom mirror with eight fingertips to my face. Something had happened to me along the way, hadn’t it? The single light above the sink bounced cruelly off the pockmarks that laced my skin and the sight made me almost cry. Just like the terrible acne that scarred my skin for the rest of my life, the initially wonderful relationship I had with a girl so many years earlier scarred myself to the point that everyone I met could see the scooped out holes that would never be filled in.

____________________

Another decent writing attempt that I hope to get back to again. We'll see. It seems to me that this whole experiment will end up with me finding a few items that I truly feel compelled to complete. Of course I'd like to complete all of them , just like I'd like every one to already be complete and perfect, but that's the type A side of me vs the depressive side of me.

Thank you for reading. Whoever still is. It means so much.  I've already gone through some serious emotional waves in only the first few weeks of this process and I imagine it will get worse before it gets better. As I said, weeping to Mr. Biped today after apologizing for my anger last night 'I just want to do something good with my life." In a small way this is doing just that.
-ClassyB

No comments:

Post a Comment