Individual Pages!

Monday, January 20, 2014

January 20th 2014


Writing Style Attempt: Second Tense Serial Cont...

 

Olivia held her hand out just long enough to not help you up. Then appropriately stormed off in a ferocious mess, spitting HR appropriate insults.

At some point being on your back in the middle of the 4th floor hallway shifted from a nuisance via a smalltime workplace casualty to a delicious stretch of rest that afforded you some on the clock introspection. The grid like pattern printed into the florescent light cover above you is reminiscent of the sharp triangular protrusions that make a meat tenderizer tool useful. You think about how you argued with your sister about the necessity of a meat tenderizer two Christmases ago. Her forced nasality makes you shudder even in flashback. The ordeal ended with her accusing you of being so cold that

 

***

I apologize.

I wrote a three page draft today that continues this story but I need to be honest and tell you (as well as admit to myself) that I am very depressed. I have it written out by hand but it needs editing and as I have been trying to move it tonight from page to screen I have crumpled into a stupid pile of useless emotions and am no longer able to translate my own words from one medium to another.

I will try again tomorrow. I will now allow myself to understand that even though I didn’t successfully put it on the internet – I did write today and I haven’t betrayed my promise to myself.

 

Thank you to the few who are still reading this. It means a lot.

 

-Classy Biped

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment