Individual Pages!

Monday, March 3, 2014

March 3 2014

Writing Attempt: Short Story Continuation


Upon emerging from the bathroom, Dahlia found Hector leaned against the range with a half used box of trash bags in hand. Her heart sank and swelled simultaneously. Asphyxiation was an easy act to stop but it was also usually an indication that the client wasn’t serious enough for her time and expected something more than she offered. Something useless.

“Sweet Caroline. I want to die.” Hector said.

“I know. But I want you to live.” Dahlia leaned onto the kitchen island with an outstretched hand.

“Prove it.” Said Hector.

“I can’t.” Said Dahlia.

“Then I’m beginning.” Hector pulled out the black plastic trash bag, dropping the container on the floor and placed it over his head.

“Go ahead.” Dahlia said softly. “But once you put that over your head, you won’t be able to see what it is I’m doing now.”

“And what is that?” Hector’s response moved the black trash bag in and out.

“I can’t say. I can only do.” Dahlia’s voice was just above a whisper.

“I want to see.”

“Then Take it off.”

“I can’t.”

“Then talk to me.” Dahlia spoke in the lowest register she could.

“I can’t.” Hector pulled the yellow ribbon ties tight around his neck.

“Then I’m leaving.” Dahlia took two loud steps back in her heels.

“Wait.”

“Yes?”

“I’ll Talk.” Hector breathed in so deeply the bag adhered to the shape of his sad mouth.
--------------------------

This is an excerpt from the longer piece I'm writing tonight............I hope it intrigues enough.


classy bipeddddddddd

No comments:

Post a Comment