Individual Pages!

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

February 4, 2014

Writing Attempt: Editing.

**This is a bigger piece I have been working on that I don't want to post here, but I edited some of it today and wanted to share it with you.**





Polyamory in Plastic
 
 
 
            Francine was my favorite. She set herself apart from all other dolls. She wore little makeup, had real eyelashes, brown hair that fell into a Mary Tyler Moore flip, and soft rubber legs that encased the very first bendable knees. She was a real modern woman. She had strong opinions about many subjects that I didn’t understand but they wrapped her in an invisible shawl that made her the most powerful person in the room. She lived apart from the pack and stood her ground whenever she was questioned. She was perfect.

In the plastic community I controlled, Francine was the figurehead of independence. She was loved, embraced, emulated and envied – which meant she was held at various arm’s lengths by all who came to know her. Much to the community’s dismay, she liked this distance, it afforded her a type of solace that the other women in her midst did not have. Her confidence was so great, she was received as intellectual, influential and terrifying. I was her closest friend and only confidant which meant I knew her hidden truth. She was made from pure self-destruction.
 
 
 
Love, ClassyB

No comments:

Post a Comment